Exhibition proposal for 2018-2019
Artcore is a visual arts charity working within communities locally, nationally and internationally. It endeavours to operate as a cultural hub; fuelling active engagement for a diverse range of communities in Derby, East Midlands and beyond. Artcore’s long-term objective is to use arts and crafts as a vehicle to strengthen community cohesion, educate, raise awareness and provide a platform for development. Through its work it is committed to bringing change into the lives of people of all ages, abilities, cultural and ethnic backgrounds through creative activities. The focus is the provision of a contemporary, innovative and quality service through the four core areas: ‘art in education and learning’, ‘art in modern culture’, ‘art in health and well-being’, and ‘art in the community’. Artcore supports participants as they develop their skills in a range of visual art mediums and techniques. As well as developing transferable skills such as time keeping, organisation, planning and communication. Artcore also provides a platform to implement the learning through volunteering and work experience opportunities in its different projects.
- Support recent graduates, emerging to mid-career artists, both locally and nationally
- Provide an exhibition space that is a vibrant environment for creative practice and dialogue
- Offer opportunities for artists to develop skills and gain knowledge for their own professional development
- Engage new audiences for contemporary visual arts
Proposals will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Make best use of our exhibition spaces
- Artwork must be contemporary and innovative
- Stimulating and relevant themes
- Exhibit high level of skill
- Experimental and ambitious work and curation
- Engagement with the community (desiderable)
Work is assessed on its merits, rather than the past achievements of the artist and there is no preference regarding medium in which the artwork is made.
We advise artists and curators to visit the gallery space before submitting a proposal to ensure awareness of the size of space the work must fill.
We hold exhibitions meetings every three to six months, in which Artcore creative team participate in the selection process. All exhibition proposals will be discussed, and those that meet our criteria will be successful. Once a proposal has been approved at the meeting, coordinators will be allocated to each exhibition in order to bring them successfully into fruition by liaising between the artists/curators and Artcore’s creative team.
- Gallery Space
- Studio Space
For hire of the Gallery Space
- £150 one week
- £250 two weeks
For hire of the Studio Space
- £75 one week
- £150 two weeks
All prices include
- Two days set-up and take-down either side of the exhibition
- Social media marketing on the run up to the exhibition and throughout
- Use of our tools and tech area for set-up and take-down
- Tech assistance (subject to availability)
- Free internet access
- Complimentary tea and coffee
Hire of the Gallery Space or Project Space includes:
- A launch party from 6-8pm on the opening night
- Press-release and communication on Artcore social media
- Flyer design, if needed, by Designcore (subsidised costs)
- 200 A6 flyers printed on 350gsm paper (subsidised costs)
Half the amount must be paid at the time of booking the exhibition to reserve the exhibition dates until the balance is settled.
A security deposit of £50 will be required at the time of booking the Gallery Space. To secure dates, the full balance must be paid in full no later than one month prior to the start of the exhibition.
Full terms and conditions are outlined in the Exhibitions Contract. This is available on request, or will be issued following a successful exhibition proposal.
Additional days, exhibition durations or requirements can be discussed with the Programme Manager.
To apply, download the application pack here