Deadline to apply: Midnight 24/07/2018
Artcore invites artists to apply to In Real Life (IRL) a two month residency that asks the question of how the digitisation of the world is affecting knowledge, communication and relationships today. In an increasingly online sphere artists will consider how social media has radically changed our experience of the real. The residency will ask what does ‘real’ mean today?
This residency will critically explore how our curation of our online selves shape and redefine us transforming the way we interact with people and our environment, investigating two central questions:
- What extent digital art space democratises, educates and socialises the way in which our identity is consumed?
- How digitisation democratises and effect artist identity by making art pieces accessible without time, money or location barriers?
The selected artists will be expected to research, document, and create visual experiments to interrogate the notion of over exposure and censorship. This residency will critically play with ideas of reality and how social media and digitisation affects our reflection on the world and influences our perceived models of connections.
Specifically, Artcore is looking for :
- Artists with a commitment to developing their practice, and who seek dialogue and engagement with the local communities and the wider international contemporary arts and cultural sector.
- Artists with an interest in how sharing space and collaborative working can inform the development of their work and how this residency will benefit their practice.
- Artists interested in donating a selection of the artworks produced during the residency to be part of Artcore collection.
- Deadline – Please send your submissions by midnight 24/07/2018
- Selected artists will be interviewed on 02-06/08/2018
- Residency start date: 13/08/2018 to 13/10/2018
- Exhibition dates: 18/10/2018 to 01/11/2018
How to apply
To apply, download Application pack here.