KAIPO CHE! Utran Residency (Close)
Deadline to apply: Midnight 17/09/2018
Artcore invites UK artists to apply to our International Residency in Baroda (Vadodara), Gujarat state, India, in January 2019.
The International Residency is open to two UK artists and it will be hosted at the Reliance India Ltd. township in Baroda city, in western India. There will be about 6-7 Indian artists joining in locally.
The Residency and Artist Camp will be held in the beautiful, green surroundings of the Reliance township with a lot of peacocks and hornbills and other birds.
January is also a very pleasant time to visit India when the weather is cool and temperate.
The Utran(Uttarayan) or the Kite Festival is celebrated with great enthusiasm and vibrancy across the state of Gujarat (where Vadodara is situated) and the whole city is up on the terraces and roof tops flying colourful kites.
It’s a wonderful time and as artists, you will not just have a great ‘visual’ time but can join in the kite-flying as well.
Specifically, Artcore is looking for :
- Artists with a commitment to developing their practice, who seek a dialogue and engagement with Baroda artists community and the wider Indian Contemporary Arts and Cultural Sector (artists, studios, producers, galleries, venues and festivals).
- Artists with an interest in how sharing practices and collaborative working can inform the development of their work and how this residency will benefit their practice.
- Artists who aim to embrace the ways in which cultural experiences will inform further development of their own work.
The residency will take place in Baroda, India.The programme includes the following benefits:
- Support international travel for UK artists (Birmingham/Manchester-Vadodara-back)
- Boarding and lodging of TWO artists from 02/01 to 21/01 2019
- Participation Art Camp
- Project materials provided
- Artist blog
- Artist talks
- A curator to work with
- E Catalogue
- Opportunity to deliver workshops with local artists
- Publicity and marketing support
- Deadline – Please send your submissions by midnight 17/09/2018
- Selected artists will be interviewed on 1-7/10/2018
- Residency start date: 02/01/2019 to 21/01/2019
How to apply
To apply, download Application pack here.